Thursday, January 12, 2012

Loud office space leads to great results!

THE NEW YEAR BRINGS NEW THINGS! You always hear the stereotypical, "I'm going to completely change and reinvent myself this year" or "I'm going to lose thirty pounds this year" etc. etc. Well we're doing that here at Smoky Mountain Chevrolet! We're shedding pounds (well kinda) and changing our face (well sorta)....................


So there are BIG changes going on here at Smoky Mountain Chevrolet. We are undergoing an extensive remodel! What was once a quiet showroom is now noisy and loud. With the sounds of drills, saws, and screw drivers buzzing away, not to mention the bang, bang, banging of hammers the Advil/Tylenol bottle is in full rotation around here.


Over the next few months you will see a complete transformation, and it's been a long time coming. I'm personally looking forward to the new office furniture, well mainly just the new ergonomic chairs. Thanks Bob for saving my posture. The new waiting room will be furnished with all new leather furniture; you know those big fluffy kind of chairs that are so so so super comfy! New tile in the showroom! Did I mention we are tearing out the tower in the front? because we are. It's going to be a great thing! We are also having to completely redo the front of of the building as well. So no more of this:



Instead you'll see a big arch. Something really eye catching. We will also have a place designated especially for our customers to receive their new vehicle! No more standing out in the rain or snow! Everything about the dealership will be all about convenience and comfort for those that keep us in business, OUR CUSTOMERS!

Now, I guess I've always taken my office for granted. When I first started working here I was literally in the room where the vending machines are. Yes a room big enough to fit two coke machines and two snack machines. Then I moved up front into a sales office, still small but a little more cozy. Then I got a bigger office with huge windows! But we have added a new employee and because of the remodel, my office is no longer my office, it's our office, which is totally cool because now I have a roommate of sorts and the days go by much faster w
ith someone to talk to. So, back to the office... because of the remodel I've had to not only scoot over to make room but I've had to take all my personal stuff down. My office walls used to be decorated with sports memorabilia (Roll Tide by the way), diplomas, family photos etc. You know all of those things that make your office feel more like a home, because let's face it the majority of us spend more time in our offices than our own bedrooms. And now we've got this:So like i said, a little cramped! But it's going to be awesome! Our customers will be so much more comfortable while having to wait on the vehicle in service. The delivery of the vehicles will be so much more pleasant. Employees will be happier because we will be more comfortable too. I'll definitely be sure to post after pictures when the remodel is complete. Be sure to come by and see how things are progressing when you get a spare second, we'd love to see all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment